Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index Welcome Members

Hello! Just arrived...

This is the forum for members of the message board. Introduce yourselves or wish each other Happy Birthday.

Hello! Just arrived...

Postby rwlinda » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:20 pm

I hope I'm not stepping on enemy territory by joining this site and actually posting a message.
To be honest, I'm not that big of a Jim Carrey fan. I absolutely love his dramatic performances in Man on the Moon and The Truman Show. Other films I really like are Me, Myself & Irene, Liar Liar and Bruce Almighty.
His earlier comedy work was a little too over-the top for me, but still funny :).

Anyway, the enemy territory thing...I'm the owner/maintainer of the Robin Williams Fansite. I visited this site, just to get an idea of how other fansites are maintained, updated etc. To be honest, this site is one of the best fansites for an actor I've come across.
Maybe there's a way to exchange experiences, I'd love to hear your stories about how this site has become as the way it is now. And how much goes on behind the scenes....if there's as much going on back there as I have to deal with sometimes, then I hope you've been able to solve everything without too much troubles ;).

Another thing I'm curious about it is...how do you see Robin Williams? More as a rival or more as another actor?
I used to see Jim Carrey as someone who was one of the competitors for certain roles (like The Truman Show...Robin was in talks for that role as well), but over the years I've come with great respect for him as an actor and all hard feelings are gone now, haha.
rwlinda
Copper Mountain

Postby lammy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:34 am

Robin Williams is an excellent actor . Good for you that you have your own site on the man . Does he know about it ? :lol:

..."Anyway, the enemy territory thing...I'm the owner/maintainer of the Robin Williams Fansite. I visited this site, just to get an idea of how other fansites are maintained, updated etc. To be honest, this site is one of the best fansites for an actor I've come across.
Maybe there's a way to exchange experiences, I'd love to hear your stories about how this site has become as the way it is now. And how much goes on behind the scenes....if there's as much going on back there as I have to deal with sometimes, then I hope you've been able to solve everything without too much troubles . "

IT'S Jim he is behind all the fun in here - :wink: :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:54 am

Welcome to the site rwlinda.

There are quite a few other Robin fans on here also. I just think of Robin as another actor. Did youknow him and Jim are friends?

Lars Brauer owns the site and tnphil runs it.

Here is Lars post from last year. It tells the story of JCO

By Lars Bräuer
(Creator of JCO)

Wow, unbelievable... 10 years passed so quick and so many things changed but JCO is still there and
of course up to date, not like many other sites on the web. So first and most important of all,
my deepest thanks go out to Monica, BCDavis, Heather, Tommy and of course all past, present and
future correspondents.

I can't remember the exact time, but add another year to the 10 years JCO is there, that must be the
time I've seen my first Jim Carrey movie "Ace Ventura - Pet Detective". I was stunned by that
performance just like many other millions before. Right after that I had to get any other Jim Carrey
movie available at that time.

It was about that time I was learning HTML and starting to write my first web pages. After helping a
friend from the US translating his Sandra Bullock fan site into German, I decided to create my very
own fan page about Jim Carrey, of course.

The very first site design was very basic. It was a white page with a few simple buttons, containing
only little information. I don't have a screenshot of the design, but fortunately I have a printout
somewhere. I'll scan that and put it online for y'all to see, as this is really a part of internet
history now. Soon after that I made a new layout which lasts till today. This sure is a very long
time.

Anyway. It was a lot of work to do adding all the sections to the site and keeping them up to date.
Monica from Portugal was the first to join me. She did a hell of a job writing a lot of articles and
content. After 1998 my real life kept me really busy, so Monica became editor-in-chief managing the
every day growing site for many years. BCDavis also joined the team. After Monica had to quit,
BCDavis was the one taking care of the site. Heather joined JCO as L.A. correspondent. She managed
to get an interview with Jim for JCO.
After a while BCDavis had to quit too, but fortunately Tommy from Denmark was there to become the
new head of JCO and he's still taking very good care of the site.

Without these people JCO wouldn't be there anymore - for sure. I know there are a lot more people
involved in JCO today. As I'm only in the background, I don't know most of the people involved. I
should defintely change this. Thanks go out to our present correspondents Angelika, Cotton,
Claartje, Grinchy Steve, Juliette, Nicola, Priya and Wesley.

Ok, since this is JCO's 10th anniversary, let me tell you a little secret: I'm currently working on
a new and fresh layout for JCO. As my time is very limited I'm doing my best, but I can't tell you
an exact release date right away or show you any screenshots yet.

So let's just hope JCO will be there for another 10 years.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Happygal » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:23 am

Welcome! I love Robin Williams, he is an excellent actor! I still laugh my butt off every time I see him in that one episode of Whose Line is it Anyway?! :lol:
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:39 pm

welcome to JCO rwlinda
8)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby CarreyGirl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:53 pm

Welcome rwlinda!!! :wink: :wink:
I love too much "Man on the moon" 8) :D :wink: and Robin Williams is a great actor!!! =D>
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby lammy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:29 pm

So what is the sites url ... so I can visit ? - :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby rwlinda » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:49 pm

Thanks for all your replies!

The URL is: http://www.robin-williams.net

Yes, Robin knows the site exists and "approved" it as well. Only 2 months ago I was invited to come backstage after one of his stand up shows in San Francisco to meet him (I already met him twice before that). This time he thanked me like a thousand times for running the site. Hi whole family was there and it was great to see them being so thankful. (I went to SF only for the weekend...and I live in the Netherlands, so it was quite a trip...but worth it :) ).

Thanks for the info about the history of this site. I created my site about the same way, but don't have any other people helping out (yet). there's someone moderating the forum, and it looks like there'll be 2 people helping me out soon.

Yes, Jim and Robin....the Golden Globes in 2004 were awesome with Robin mentioning Jim. :) If any of you wants the audio or video of that speech...I can share it with you.
rwlinda
Copper Mountain

Postby lammy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:52 pm

Share it will you ? :D

Thanx for the url . I'll be stoping in - :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby omnipresence » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:54 pm

You're right, this is a great forum. The main Elvis forum http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum has a few bad eggs that keep sniping at each other. This site dosent have any :D
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby jimlover » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Welcome on JCO and have fun. :D
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:06 pm

Yes, Robin knows the site exists and "approved" it as well.

LUCKY! We don't even know if Jim has ever looked at this site or not.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby rwlinda » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:13 pm

Wow, but your LA corrspondant 9sorry, forgot her name) has interviewed Jim a few times? Wouldn't she tell him about the site?

I think you should contact Jim, or the people who work for him (I guess after all these years you know quite a few of them...?) about this site. There're a lot of visitors as it seems and the forum is a lot more active than mine (I know, Robin has had his best time, so there's a good reason for it ;) ). But really, I'm sure Jim appreciates this site being around..even though I don't know him at all. But what is an actor without his fans?
Main thing why I was invited was because I've been very respectful towards Robin over the past few years. As this site seems to be exactly that for Jim, I don't see why he shouldn't take a look and let you all know what he thinks.
rwlinda
Copper Mountain

Postby lammy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:05 am

That would be so great of him .

:D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Happygal » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:39 am

Thats a very nice site! :P
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal