Jim Carrey Online

Jenny McCarthy & Jim Carrey Make Strides in Autism Aware

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Postby cotton » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:24 am

This one isn't deep in thought?---> :-k

:lol: :lol: :lol:
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:39 am

oops............lol......it's on the next page........ :oops:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:29 am

:oops: <--- that's a new face... looks better on chips and dips... :lol:

There is progress though in the whole thing, so that's cool.
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm

:oops:
<--- that's a new face... looks better on chips and dips...
:D
????.............why?.....has he got high blood pressure or something?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:00 am

fluffy wrote::oops:
<--- that's a new face... looks better on chips and dips...
:D
????.............why?.....has he got high blood pressure or something?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

No, but he blushes more than anything- :lol:
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:28 am

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWOwNP9vC6k[/video]
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:39 am

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae0otViXtM0&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:38 am

The older ones are merely conjecture, ......the current ones are examples of Aspergers syndrome...........it's not a good film as it gives the wrong impression of autism.......it takes out the human element and the sufferring experienced by the majority of those affected.......
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Alyonushka » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:10 pm

The only thing is that I don't quite understand what all those people are talking about. Autism doesn't exist in our country on this substantial scale like it is in the USA. I could understand when it is of an organic reason, brain damage or whatever, but when it's just a psychotype, or a personality trait - here i don't believe autism really exists and it is a desease to fight with. Maybe our medical schools are too different or maybe we are on different planets, but i don't see why fighting against personality. So, if a person is too silent and not talkative and always preferring being alone - that's it, autism? If a kid doesn't communicate too much and not so smart we call it a delay of mental state, sometimes it is a mental deficiency, imbecilism, oligophrenia, Daun syndrome - but never autism. I tried to find something about the desease in Russian sites, and what they are saying: according to the British Council of medical researches there are 6 8year-old kids and younger with autism among each 1000 kids while in Russia there 57 among 10000 people. I don't quite understand why it is so. I only think a lot of Russian people have autism as their trait of character (a so called Russian "cold" character), but they never know that they may have autism.
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:20 pm

wow that's really interesting Aly........ :D .......i really think the whole world needs to come together to look at the stats and figure it out together.....i really believe if everyone pooled their knowledge we'd figure it out so much faster...... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Alyonushka » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:00 am

I also think autism has become a consequence of technologies development, computerisation of the whole world. We all wanted to learn few decades ago what will happen to people with the invasion of computers, we all wanted to see the developement of brains, we wanted to figure out what will happen if this big part of brain which doesn't work at all starts working partly one day. So now - that's it, we have 20% of the Microsoft crew autists. We buy computers to our kids when they are 3 and younger. We are touched when seeing them easily manipulating machines, phones and controllers while they are still of a mistery for grandmas and grandads. We let kids pass hours on computers losing them from reality for this time - so no wonder why we let autism come to kids brains. Just look - autist easily manipulate with numbers and number systems. If you give an autist a system or a program he will easily find any mistakes in those programs, he will calculate like a calculator. But they will never see or understand other people emotions, changes in intonations, or physiognomical chenges.
As for the vaccines. I can agree with Jenny that they may be the reason of autism development. You know, as i remember, when i was under 3 years they only made me 5 or 6 vaccines, if you want i can even tell you what and when they did that to me.
1982 one tuberculosis vaccine when i was born
1982 DPT (four vaccines from diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough during the first year of life)
1982 four vaccines from poliomyelitis during the first year of life
1984 poliomyelitis
1985 measles, parotitis, DPT, poliomyelitis
1986 poliomyelitis
and... and... i don't see any. All others were made for the second time ten years later or once few years when i was at school. So how many? 14 in total during my childhood. Why i say all this medical biography of me. Not for you to know, of course, but just to say that they really make TOO many vaccines in the USA, i don't know for Europe. I heard of a very big number and i was shocked even.
I also wonder when Jenny noticed behavioral changes in Evan. Coz as i remember he had a heart attack or something like that when he was 2 and then started to suffer from autism (is that true?). In this case that might be the consequence of this crise, but i am not sure, maybe he was born autist, only mother knows. More than that, she is a HOllywood person, and outgoing one, it is difficult to deal with such a "rainbaby", when you are always on show. But when you have such a Raindaddy next to you, you start to understand how to struggle with autism.
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby Alyonushka » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:28 am

But I still don't understand why struggling!! I understand autists, i understand their desire to hide in the shell. They are bright as they are, I think we should accept them as they are, without struggling or treating them. It's like to treat a lefthander.
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Previous

Return to Stop The Press!