Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index Welcome Members

Why Jim?

This is the forum for members of the message board. Introduce yourselves or wish each other Happy Birthday.

Why Jim?

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:02 am

lets all say why we like Jim Carrey. Why we come on here so much and what about him keeps you smiling besides his jokes.

I love Jim Carrey because not only is he hilarious he is my inspiration. he keeps me going through life knowing that he became so great even after having it so tuff. I will always appreciate him, his movies, and the constant smile he leaves across my face. i have loved Jim Carrey for about ummm... 7 or 8 yrs now, ever since i saw my first Jim Carrey movie, and that isnt bad since im only 15. i collect all his stuff and hope to meet him. lol ya right. Anyways, i will always love him. he is my hero. He is practically the only thing that keeps me sane. I thank him for that. I thank him for helping me pull through, the craphole called life.

ok...lol...now you..im done.. dont worry
Last edited by jims_lost_daughter on Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby idle kid city » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:59 am

Yes I have to agree with a lot of that jims_lost_daughter. He deffinatly keeps me smiling too. I love that I can relate to his movies and I hope to someday meet him and at least just exchange hello's. I basicly grew up with Jim. I was home alone a lot as a kid so I almost look to him like a father or brother. From what I read, he seems like such a good person He can do anything. He's a very original person too, and I love that about him the most. His uniqueness has inspired me to break from the norm and shine. He's simply the best.

Love ya Jim :wink:
idle kid city
Man on the Moon

Postby jimliker » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:10 pm

i luv Jim Carrey coz he is the gr8est person i have ever seen. whenever i feel sad i watch his movies & feel happy. i feel a deep emotional attachment bet. me & Jim. he always makes me smile. :) :D :o

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:56 pm

I like him because he is the best actor I ever saw. His gesture, mimics all is nearly perfect and so are his grimaces and jokes, too. I have never seen movies that I can watch so often like his ones and I am still laughing when I see Dumb and Dumber for the 20th time, for example.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:10 am

deep emotional attachment. now that is a perfect way of putting it
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby samurai_cable » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:19 pm

Yeh, I agree with all the things said above. I wouldn't really know where I'd be without him as well. If he hadn't made me laugh when I watched Liar Liar, I would be quite a dead person. I never truly laughed like that before... and I've always had a crush on Jim as well. But now I look up to him as a father, and a hero :) Yes... a very deep emotional attachment indeed :) Jim has basically become a part of my life... might seem weird to some people, but I just find myself being updated with all his news on this forum, i sign in nearly once a day, like a routine. His pictures are all over my room, in my school diary, my blog.... everywhere. I collect all his movies... Eternal Sunshine is finally out in Australia~! I was so happy when I saw it in Borders... it's about time too!! I'm waiting for the special edition though ;) And of course, I always look out for magazine and newspaper clippings... anything I can find. Ebay is another great resource. And yes, I don't know what I'd be doing without Jim. I would probably go crazy if I saw him, just a little exchange of hello would last a whole lifetime. I've been obsessed with Jim for around 4 years now. And my brain is currently melting...... so I have to stop now.... But yes, I owe a lot to Jim. And I'll love him forever~!
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby quirky » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:45 pm

I can honestly say that if I didn't know bits of the story of his life...and if he was constantly in the media for being out on the town and if he was overly opinionated about his political views...I probably would feel differently about him.

I don't love all his movies, but the ones I enjoy I REALLY enjoy. I admire the diversity of his work and the fact that he seems interesting, real and not glory-seeking.

Also, my mom (before she got brain damage) said, "That Jim Carrey is really a good-looking man." I looked at her like this. :shock:
It was completely unlike my mother to say anything like that, but it made me take a second look at him as an actor and a human being.

And, my momma was right. :)
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:39 pm

samurai_cable--> But now I look up to him as a father, and a hero

definatly.. you guys are taking the words out of my mouth.

quirky... thats really sweet. thanks for sharing :D :wink:
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

BECAUSE HE'S.....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:14 pm

Flexible and fun!.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Gouliovandamn » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:51 am

I like Jim Carrey for many reasons. First off i think he is a brilliant man who has a great outlook on life, and i totally respect him in every way. He is a comedy GOD and no one is above him. Also, he is my main inspiration as an actor. I look up to him and I adapt his acting style into my own to make a new unique one. I own all of his movies and i watch them all regularly. They never get old. I think he is the greatest acting secret in the world. He has amazing talent but very few people know about it. Everyone shruggs him off as being a slapstick idiot, when he really posseses a talent that very few people have. He deserves every million he gets per movie. He is everything I hope to be one day. I am going to film school to become a director, but my dream is to obviously be an actor. If i had the chance to make a movie with Jim it would be one of the best experiances of my life. I have been a fan of Jim since I was 8 years old and saw Ace Ventura for the first time. I have followed his carrer ever since. I see Jim as a leader in his profession even though many others do not. It will be a sad day when he retires, but those who learn from him will continue to keep his style of comedy alive, and not resort to the crap that comes from the likes of Will Ferrel and the rest of the Saturday Night Live crew. I also love how he has not forgotten Canada either. I live in his birthtown (Newmarket, Ontario) and over 3/4 of the people here do not even know he was born here. We have a population of 72 000 people and our town is one of the fastest expanding towns the entire area. The older areas are falling apart and are basically slums. Those building still remain from the days when Jim lived here. He may have duel citizenship but he is still Canadian and he always will be. Even if you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, always stay true to yourself and never give up. Jim didn't.
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Undomiel » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:29 pm

The first movie I saw with Jim Carrey waas The Cable Guy.. I looved the movie but I didn't really know who that funny guy was..
Later I saw Ace Ventura.. After that, I never stopped talking about him :D
Jim allways makes me smile.. Even if I've seen the movie a thousand times I'm sitting there, laughing..
I love his smile too.. It's so.. Happy.. :) And it makes me smile too.. :)
I really hope that I'll meet him.. I wanna know if he's that funny in real life too.. :D

:ace: :joel: :bruce: :olaf: :lloyd: rocks :D
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:05 pm

Gouliovandamn - i understand everything you say. i would really like to be an actress. And i look up to everything he does. he truely is a comic GOD. True, noone gives him the respect he deserves.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby mav » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:21 pm

Deep Reason
Without sounding too depressing, let's just say I know what hell tastes like, so it feels good to taste love and laughter, courtesy Jim.

A Simple Reason
It all started one day when I gave a job interview and did so bad I felt like crap. I spent the next two hours anxiously revisiting the questions, jotting down answers, and ruing over the whole thing, when of all the random things in my head comes Jim with his smile. Silly me couldn't stop smiling for the next half an hour straight! Now, is that magic or what?
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:07 pm

i agree with your deep reason, i know what ya mean
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby fluffy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 pm

I'm really not sure why..............he's unlike any other actor i've ever seen.............he can get as high as the mountains but i also think he can run as deep as the ocean too...............i think i recognise traits in me .....only not so dramatic.................
plus i have a very soft spot for tall athletic blonde men......lol............even if their hair has gone to brown.......i can tell if they were a blonde kid................lol.........

It's bizarre though........i'm not a crushes girl........and i have a good life...so i'm not trying to fill a void.......
all i can say is his acting must be phenomenal to have had this effect.... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
fluffy
JCO Staff

Next

Return to Members