Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index Welcome Members

Where oh where...

This is the forum for members of the message board. Introduce yourselves or wish each other Happy Birthday.

Postby quirky » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:30 am

I just talked to Mav. She's fine...she moved again, so won't have internet 'till tomorrow.

At which point I think we should have a "Welcome Back Mav" party.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Where is Janel and Searching for Sunshine?

And Clemmy?

Sound the trumpets. Posters are missing.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:57 am

hi all!
i'm still here. sorry it's been so long. time stopped for me the first weekend of january when i had to put my nearly 17 year old lhasa, barkley to sleep. i knew this was coming from about thanksgiving but this was the hardest thing i've ever had to do in my ENTIRE life. i got him when i was in college and i had him all my adult life - he was my baby boy. the seizures he's had in the past year caused a serious dementia. looking in his little eyes, i know it was the right thing to do and most humane. it still hurts to be without him.

but contrary to what my mind wanted, my heart wanted a new puppy and now my life is going at warp speed. he is a sweet little lhasa boy named Hamish (HAYmish). he is so loving. he loves to paw my face while he's giving puppy kisses. i think he knows the paws that used to inhabit my house and he is trying to bring new life and love back to it. he comes to the office with me everyday and we have so much fun. i'm glad i have the kind of job that allows me to bring him!

sorry to be a downer but i was so depressed the last couple months i didn't feel like even logging on. i'm coming around now and although the thought of barkley not being here is painful, hamish is showing me "life through puppy eyes". yeah, i know, that sounds corny but it's been so long since i've had a puppy that this is teaching me to stop and enjoy the moment i'm living in. right here, right now.

thanks for thinking of me :wink: i'm back
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby quirky » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:18 am

Good to see you back. Hamish sounds like good medicine. :)
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:34 am

Hi Quirky... hi all!!!

I missed you guys.... I'd been through a tough month with family issues... but everything is under control now. Although I visited the forum a couple of times this past month to improve my mood, I didn't have much energy to post... :( ... but I hope to get back on track very soon... :wink:
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:20 am

Clemmy wrote:Hi Quirky... hi all!!!

I missed you guys.... I'd been through a tough month with family issues... but everything is under control now. Although I visited the forum a couple of times this past month to improve my mood, I didn't have much energy to post... :( ... but I hope to get back on track very soon... :wink:

Did it improve your mood? *she asks seeking validation*

There are some new posters letting their funny sides post and it's kind of invigorating.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:25 am

I did improve my mood...YES!!!
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:28 am

Did you miss the thread that's flat Jim's tour of Quirky's Quarters? In Off Topic. I'd refer to the funny thread Cotton started about my alien babies, but SOMEONE yanked it off the site.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:33 am

I had the chance to read something about it in one of my tours through the forum ... So, please, accept my belated congrats on your babies... triplets, if I am not mistaken!?
Last edited by Clemmy on Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:34 am

Oh... and btw, how was the experience of having that hunk in your quarters?
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:43 am

Clemmy wrote:Oh... and btw, how was the experience of having that hunk in your quarters?

Well...I gotta say.....I slept through everything.

I had a dream I was a ship afloat on the cruel blue ocean, but that's what I get for watching "The Life Aquatic".

Are the Wilson boys just programmed to speak and move more slowly than real humans? What sup with that????
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Janel » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:39 pm

Hey, thanks for thinkin of me and the other "missing posters" , Quirky!!

All is well here, I log-on on occasion and it ALWAYS makes me laugh! (Flat Jim had me rolling...my kids thought I had lost my mind..."It's not THAT funny...GEEZ, mom..." :lol: ) My divorce was final on March 1st and it is really interesting to me how the word of a judge can make such a difference in ones heart and mind. Even though I have been really happy with healing being slow and sure over these last 2 years...content, peaceful....when the day came that it was actually LEGAL that it was over....I don't know how to explain it...the last bit of whatever was left just lifted. Again, I am not stressed at all--just experiencing some mind-shift or something. Does that even make any sense?
Janel
The Cable Guy

Postby quirky » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:54 pm

Does that even make any sense?

Shifty mindedness? Sure!
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:58 pm

i had to put my nearly 17 year old lhasa, barkley to sleep
awe Geez.......i'm sorry hon.....i remember several occasions when you spoke of him and i thought he sounded adorable..........
But Hamish sounds wonderful too..........i had a hammy called Hamish.......the little bugger used to keep us all awake at night when he went on his wheel.........but i love the name .........he'll bring you lots of happiness............ :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:07 am

It's so nice to hear from everybody here. Even jims_lost_daughter is back.....lol.....yay!
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to Members