Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index Welcome Members

How do you let off steam??

This is the forum for members of the message board. Introduce yourselves or wish each other Happy Birthday.

Postby Clemmy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am

Hey... go for it! What do you have to lose? ..... :-k .... your self-esteem? No... we'll be there for you! :)
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Michele Hernandez » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:26 am

You guys are SO brave
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Laura Laing » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:24 pm

quirky wrote:
Laura Laing wrote:I've been thinking of trying stand up..... :?

Me too....but it's scary!

It would be a whole lot easier and a lot more fun if we could all go and give it a try together.....I'm afraid I'll either freeze or go too far over the edge.... I don't know how long it would take to get to Mississippi but maybe a road trip is in order.
Imagine.....
Laura Laing
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:41 pm

It would be a whole lot easier and a lot more fun if we could all go and give it a try together.....I'm afraid I'll either freeze or go too far over the edge.... I don't know how long it would take to get to Mississippi but maybe a road trip is in order.

Don't go to Mississippi. I'm in Illinois. :)

Yes, it would be fun to have someone else there. For one, we would laugh at all the appropriate moments.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Laura Laing » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:26 pm

quirky wrote:

Don't go to Mississippi. I'm in Illinois. :)

Yes, it would be fun to have someone else there. For one, we would laugh at all the appropriate moments.

You know, without you Quirky I'd be totally lost..... :lol: according to map quest I should be there in 9 hours 57 minutes, barring I don't eat anything on the way - that should eliminate any pit stops too...time's a wasting... :lol:
Imagine.....
Laura Laing
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:01 pm

It's not so bad, what's the worst that can happen? People will start booing? Nah, if you go out there with the right attitude, like what you have to say is waaay more important and worthwhile than anything else they could be doing, (even if it isn't) then you can totally bomb, but your confidence will keep them interested.

It's ALL about confidence. Theres a book out there called Zen and the art of Stand-Up comedy, by Jay Sankey. . . I've never read it, but it might be useful if you guys are really interested in trying stand-up. I would travel to see you guys perform. :wink:
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Janel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:52 pm

Letting off steam for me is varied...it really depends on who I am upset with or what happened. Sometimes I need to be by my self and will either walk (if I have to MOVE) or curl up in bed and fume for awhile (if I have to BE STILL)and slowly cool down. Other times I have to talk about it.....and talk about it and talk about it and talk about it....my sister is really good for that type of venting. She doesn't try to "help" she just knows I have to relive the "atrocity" over and over until I am out with it!!!
Janel
The Cable Guy

Postby Clemmy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:59 pm

Janel wrote:Letting off steam for me is varied...it really depends on who I am upset with or what happened. Sometimes I need to be by my self and will either walk (if I have to MOVE) or curl up in bed and fume for awhile (if I have to BE STILL)and slowly cool down. Other times I have to talk about it.....and talk about it and talk about it and talk about it....my sister is really good for that type of venting. She doesn't try to "help" she just knows I have to relive the "atrocity" over and over until I am out with it!!!

I totally understand... I am on the be-by-my-self mode today!
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Laura Laing » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:00 pm

Jimenem wrote:It's not so bad, what's the worst that can happen? People will start booing? Nah, if you go out there with the right attitude, like what you have to say is waaay more important and worthwhile than anything else they could be doing, (even if it isn't) then you can totally bomb, but your confidence will keep them interested.

It's ALL about confidence. Theres a book out there called Zen and the art of Stand-Up comedy, by Jay Sankey. . . I've never read it, but it might be useful if you guys are really interested in trying stand-up. I would travel to see you guys perform. :wink:

Thanks Jimenem...I'll be on the lookout for that book.... :)
Imagine.....
Laura Laing
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:45 pm

Actually, Jay Sankey's Canadian too, He's a really good magician, and a very funny guy. . . . One of my favorite magicians of all time. I've never heard his stand-up, but his magic is extremely funny!
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:45 am

In college I did "After Dinner Speaking". My topic was "life in Europe".
I didn't have it in proper form, and everytime I gave it it was a little different, but I was surprised that it would get an entire room laughing. And if I got the judges laughing, it was great! But I was a younger person then...fully deserving of my horses rear end trophy from the Seton Hall competition.

I basically ad libbed the thing every time I gave it....oh well.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:30 am

Great! Do you have the transcript by any chance to post here? It is not just the content though, the way it is delivered makes it a lot funnier. sigh. I miss Comedy Central.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Laura Laing » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:21 am

mav wrote:Great! Do you have the transcript by any chance to post here? It is not just the content though, the way it is delivered makes it a lot funnier. sigh. I miss Comedy Central.

Great Idea!!!'
and Now ladies and gentlemen,
without any further adeu

...JCO Comedy Central proudly presents...

Quirky tours Fluffy's domain.... :lol:
Imagine.....
Laura Laing
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:05 pm

Man....it was so long ago.

I know I mentioned that we Americans take our toilet flushing regime for granted. In Europe you would stand around for possibly several minutes trying to figure out how to flush that particular toilet.

Hm....
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to Members